Saturday 15 December 2012

MASTER BEDROOM: Bed Linen

I lost all the photos from all my bed linen research in my blog photo debacle and actually looking over the posts it was before I had selected the final solution I went for and a lot of the ideas I had then are now no longer available anyway;  so I figured it was probably better to delete both posts in question and summarise on a new post. :)

Right, so after much shopping around initially I got a nice set from Tescos in a check in the colours which I was going for in the room, photographed below....



But this was a bit too much pattern in one place and was a cheap poly-cotton mix so I knew wouldn't have the longevity I wanted for our main set, they are fine for occasional guests and nice and soft too so I have kept them in my linen collection. I then, for a period of time, had 6 months COSTCO membership and came across something rather surprising. They do hotel style plain and very high thread-count bedlinen and very very affordable prices (around £30 a set). I bought this now around a year ago and it is honestly the most beautiful and good quality bed linen which I have ever had the pleasure of using, so so soft and beautifully plain so will not date either, just had a nice simple stripe running through which gives that hotel finish but completely white. Photographed below.....


COSTCO don't seem to do the exact same set right now but they have similar sets currently in, detailed below, though they have gone up in price, in my experience they are most definitely worth the investment:


Kirkland Signature 600 Thread Count Duvet Cover Set - Double Ivory (£67.99)

No comments:

Post a Comment